The Ministry of Science and Technology’s Science Education, Scholarships, Grants and Awards (SESGA) Section has opened the application for the Bangsamoro Assistance for Science Education (BASE) – MERIT Program for the school year 2022-2023. The section invited the youth to join the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics advanced courses entering the college level.
Note: Read this Post to the end carefully to get to know about The Application Process, Eligibility, Scholarship Program Requirements and Application Form.
The assistance aimed to stimulate and entice Bangsamoro youth to pursue lifetime productive careers in science and technology. The ministry intends to ensure a steady, adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources, steering the country towards national progress.
Read : OWWA SCHOLARSHIP 2022
THE SAID PROGRAM IS APPLICABLE ONLY FOR INCOMING 1ST-YEAR COLLEGE STUDENTS WHO INTEND TO PURSUE ADVANCED COURSES. On the other hand, those in the non-STEM strand may also apply, provided they belong to the top 5 of the graduating class.
The ministry also set the criteria to qualify for the assistance program. Below are the requirements for the said program:
1. Naturally-born Filipino citizen, a resident of BARMM for at least six (6) months, attained 85% general average for the 1st semester;
2. With good moral character and in good health;
3. Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) strand senior high school graduating class;
4. Member of the top five percent (5%) of the Non-STEM strand senior high school graduating class;
5. Less privileged, a deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of specific indicators (not more than Php 250,000.00 annual family income or Php 350,000 for more than four children));
6. Not a recipient of other scholarship programs;
7. Do not have any post-secondary or undergraduate units; and
8. Must pass the BASE Program Examination and pursue a Bachelor of Science degree program in any of the priority fields of the state university or colleges in any private higher education institution recognized by the Commission on Higher Education.
Also Read : LandBank Scholarship 2022
BELOW IS THE LIST OF BASE MERIT- S & T PRIORITY COURSES:
1. Aeronautical Engineering
2. Aeronautical Engineering
3. Aerospace Engineering
4. Agricultural Chemistry
5. Applied Physics with Materials Science and Engineering
7. Astronomy Technology
9. Biological Engineering/Biomedical Engineering
10. Ceramic Engineering
11. Chemical Engineering
13. Chemistry with Applied Computer System
14. Chemistry with Applied Computer Systems
15. Chemistry with Materials Science and Engineering
16. Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
17. Electronics Engineering
20. Geothermal Engineering
21. Industrial Engineering
22. Manufacturing Engineering
23. Material Engineering
24. Marine Engineering
25. Marine Science
26. Mechatronics & Robotics
27. Medical Laboratory Science
28. Medical Technology
29. Metallurgical Engineering
31. Mining Engineering
32. Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
33. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
34. Packaging Engineering
35. Petroleum Engineering
Reiterately, an applicant should pass the BASE Examination Program to become grantees and pursue their desired Bachelor of Science degree program.
Eligible awardees will receive monthly cash assistance amounting to Php 20,000.00 or 100,000 per semester. The grant shall be deposited into the awardee’s bank account every last week of the month from the starting month of the 1st semester, class of the school year 2022.
The evaluation result on the application for either manual and online application or the list of qualifiers who can take the qualifying examination will be posted on the MOST FB Page and website.
The ministry also set up an online application to have easy access to registering and submitting pertinent documents. However, the original documents must be submitted/mailed to MOST Regional or Provincial Offices.
Interested applicants may apply online through
If you have concerns, email us at [email protected] or contact Mr. Andy K. Husain at this number 09758371912.APPLY NOW AND SHARE WITH YOUR PEERS! GOOD LUCK!