SM has officially announced the start of the application for SM College Scholarship 2022.
SM Foundation was established by Mr. Henry Sy, Sr. and Mrs. Felicidad T. Sy in 1983, with a core principle of PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE. The foundation, which has served as the heart of the Sys’ SM Group of Companies, aims to empower the people in their communities through health care, disaster response, shelter, environmental programs, care for people with special needs, and education.
In the area of education, SM Foundation has been conducting a scholarship program for college students for over two decades now. SM College Scholarship believes that education is the primary solution to poverty, and through the scholarship program, SM Foundation supports the youth attain their full potential and achieve their dreams.
What are the priority courses for the SM Scholarship 2022?
SM College Scholarship gives financial assistance to incoming college students taking up the following courses:
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Accounting Information Systems
- BSBA in Management Accounting
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Civil Engineering
- BS in Accountancy
- BS in Internal Auditing
- BS in Elementary Education
- BS in Electronics and Communications Engineering / BS in Electronics Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Accounting Technology
- BS in Financial Management
- BS in Secondary Education major in Biology, Chemistry, General Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, English
Scholars are free to enroll at any school of their choice, given that it is located in the following areas:
- NCR, Albay, Bataan, Batangas, Benguet, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Cavite, Isabela, Laguna, Nueva Ecija, Palawan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Sorsogon, Quezon, Rizal, Tarlac, Zambales
- Capiz, Cebu, Iloilo, Leyte, Negros Occidental
- Agusan del Norte, Davao del Sur, Misamis Oriental, South Cotabato, Zamboanga del Sur
What are the qualifications?
Prior to application, interested applicants shall make sure they qualify through its criteria of eligibility:
- Grade 12 graduates from public and private schools in the areas covered. Applicants from private schools must have a DepEd voucher and must be Grade 10 finishers from public high schools.
- Has a general weighted average grade of at least 92% or its equivalent for Grade 12 – 1st semester.
- Has an annual total household income of P150,000 or less.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
SM College Scholarship grants its scholars with the following benefits:
- Full tuition and other school fees;
- Monthly stipend;
- Part-time job opportunities during semestral break and Christmas break;
- Enrichment programs and other fun activities sponsored by SM; and
- Graduate scholars receive exclusive job offers with the SM Group.
Online Application Link (Opens on January 15, 2022)
What are the documentary requirements needed?
Applicants need to submit their accomplished online application form with the following attachments:
- Either one of the following:
- Latest Income Tax Returns of parent/s or guardian; or
- Certificate of Non-Filing of Income; or
- Certificate of Indigency;
- Latest Grade 12 report card
- Birth Certificate
- Two (2) copies of recent 2×2 ID pictures; and
- Sketch of residence to the nearest SM Mall.
The SM Scholarship 2022 will start to accept online applications starting January 15 until March 15, 2022.
For More information - Click Here
Source : governmentph.com
Source : scholarship.sm-foundation