The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a scholarship opportunity for Filipinos to study at the graduate level (master’s or doctoral studies) or pursue non-degree doctoral dissertation research in the United States.
Grants under the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for Filipinos are for a maximum of one academic year for non-degree, one to two years for master’s, and two years for doctoral degree studies. The grant provides for round-trip international travel, monthly maintenance allowance, tuition and fees, book/supplies allowance, and health and accident insurance.
Fields of Study:
Study of the United States – the study of American culture, life and society through such fields as government, education, arts and humanities, law, economics, literature, history, the multi-disciplinary field of American Studies or any other humanities or social science field with significant study of the US subject matter.
Global Issues – Fields of study include the environment, human rights, governance and public administration, peace studies/conflict resolution/transformation, international relations and transnational issues, international economics, international business, international law, public health and STEM fields.
Open Grants – Fields of study not covered by the first two field categories with the exception of medicine, nursing, physical and occupational therapy, clinical psychology, medical technology, and accountancy.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Philippine citizenship
- English proficiency
- College degree with major in field of specialization; excellent undergraduate record
- Applicants must have at least two years of professional work experience (after college) in their field of specialization. Assistantships during college do not count.
- Applicants must be in good health to pursue graduate work in the U.S.
- Applicants must return to the Philippines immediately upon completion of study.
- Non-degree applicants must meet the added requirements:
- Applicants for doctoral dissertation must show proof that materials required to pursue research are not available in the Philippines but are available in the United States.
- Note: Individuals holding dual citizenship, are permanent residents and/or are presently studying in the U.S. are not eligible.
- Completed online application at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2023
- Make sure to Select/Change Award to Fulbright Graduate Student Program on the Award Information portion found on the Country Information tab on your online application page.
- Upload the following documents to the online application portal:
- Official or certified transcript of records from all colleges/universities attended
- Certified true copy of diploma (not original)
- Three letters of reference (in order to register your recommendations, you must first complete the Reference Materials Waiver on the Study Plan page of your online application)
- NBI Clearance acquired in the past 6 months (upload as a PDF file on the Country-Specific Materials portion under the Additional Information tab)
Deadline to Apply : Application period for the 2023-2024 Fulbright Foreign Student Program (for Filipinos) is OPEN. Deadline for online application is on April 15, 2022.
Source : Fulbright Philippines