The Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program aims to: provide scholarships that will finance the education of talented and deserving students in their third year of college and who are pursuing degree programs in the areas of science and technology; and ensure a steady, (DOST JLSS Scholarship)
adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources who can steer the country towards national progress.
Note: Read this Post to the end carefully to get to know about The Application Process, Eligibility, Scholarship Program Requirements and Application Form.
TYPES OF SCHOLARSHIPS
The DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program, formerly known as the NSDB or NSTA Scholarship under RA No. 2067, is awarded to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics and are willing to pursue careers in the fields of science and technology.
Republic Act No. 7687, also known as the “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994”, provides for scholarships to talented and deserving students whose families’ socio-economic status does not exceed the set cut-off values of certain indicators. Qualifiers must pursue priority fields of study in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching.
Republic Act No. 10612 aims to strengthen the country’s science and technology education by fast-tracking graduates in the sciences, mathematics and engineering who shall teach science and mathematics in secondary schools throughout the country.
Watch Video Tutorial On How to Apply DOST JLSS Schoalrship Below:
Apply For — STEM SCHOLARSHIP
PRIORITY S&T PROGRAMS AND STUDY PLACEMENT
Programs Covered by the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarships
- Bachelor in Mathematics Education
- Bachelor in Technology and Livelihood Education with Specialization in Information and Communications
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- BS Aeronautical Engineering
- BS Aerospace Engineering
- BS Agribusiness
- BS Agribusiness Management
- BS Agribusiness Management and Entrepreneurship
- BS Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- BS Agricultural Biotechnology1
- BS Agricultural Chemistry
- BS Agricultural Economics
- BS Agricultural Engineering
- BS Agricultural Technology
- BS Agriculture
- BS Animal Husbandry
- BS Animal Science
- BS Applied Mathematics
- BS Applied Mathematics major in Mathematical Finance2
- BS Applied Physics
- BS Applied Physics with Applied Computer System
- BS Applied Physics with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Applied Statistics
- BS Architecture
- BS Astronomy
- BS Astronomy Technology
- BS Basic Medical Sciences6
- BS Biochemistry
- BS Biology
- BS Biology for Teachers
- BS Biotechnology
- BS Ceramics Engineering
- BS Chemical Engineering
- BS Chemistry
- BS Chemistry for Teachers
- BS Chemistry with Applied Computer Systems
- BS Chemistry with Materials Science and Engineering
- BS Civil Engineering
- BS Clothing Technology
- BS Community Nutrition
- BS Computer Engineering
- BS Computer Science
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Electronics and Communications Engineering
- BS Electronics Engineering
- BS Environmental Science
- BS Fisheries
- BS Food Science and Technology
- BS Food Technology
- BS Forestry
- BS Geodetic Engineering
- BS Geography
- BS Geology
- BS Geothermal Engineering
- BS Health Science
- BS Human Biology5
- BS Industrial Design
- BS Industrial Engineering
- BS Industrial Management Engineering-Information Technology3
- BS Industrial Pharmacy
- BS Information and Communications Technology
- BS Information System
- BS Information Technology
- BS Information Technology Systems
- BS Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- BS Life Sciences
- BS Management Information Systems2
- BS Manufacturing Engineering
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Biomedical Engineering3
- BS Manufacturing Engineering-Management-Mechatronics and Robotics3
- BS Marine Biology
- BS Marine Science
- BS Materials Engineering
- BS Mathematics
- BS Mathematics and Science Teaching
- BS Mathematics for Teachers
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Mechatronics Engineering
- BS Medical Laboratory Science
- BS Medical Technology
- BS Metallurgical Engineering
- BS Meteorology
- BS Microbiology
- BS Mining Engineering
- BS Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- BS Nutrition
- BS Nutrition and Dietetics
- BS Packaging Engineering
- BS Petroleum Engineering
- BS Pharmaceutical Sciences
- BS Pharmacy (4-year program)
- BS Pharmacy major in Clinical Pharmacy (5-year program)
- BS Physics
- BS Physics for Teachers
- BS Psychology
- BS Public Health
- BS Speech Pathology
- BS Statistics
- BSE Biological Sciences
- BSE Biology
- BSE Biology-Chemistry4
- BSE Chemistry
- BSE General Sciences
- BSE Mathematics
- BSE Physical Sciences
- BSE Physics
- BSE Physics-Chemistry4
- BSE Physics-Mathematics4
- BSE Science
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
1 UP System only
2 4yrs, ADMU only
3 DLSU only
4 4yrs, USC only
5 3yrs, DLSU only
6 4 yrs, UPM only
University of the Philippines
State Universities and Colleges
Private Institutions that are recognized by CHED as Centers of Excellence or Centers of Development or has FAAP Level III accreditation for the priority S&T programs of study
For RA 10612: All of the above and schools that offer CHED compliant courses that are included in the list of priority S&T programs of study
A. Regular Academic Year
|Tuition and other school fees (for scholars enrolled in private HEIs)||₱40,000.00 / year|
|Book Allowance||₱10,000.00 / year|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month|
|Transportation Allowance(for those studying outside of home province)||1 economy-class roundtrip fare|
|Group Health and Accident Insurance||Premium|
B. Summer Allowance (if required in the curriculum)
|Tuition and other school fees||₱1,500.00|
|Book Allowance||₱500.00 (to submit Official Receipt)|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month for two months|
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE JLSS?
1. REGULAR second year college male and female students enrolled in a DOST-SEI priority S&T course at identified universities in the Second Semester of AY 2021-2022.
2. Must have a general weighted average of at least 83% or its equivalent and with no conditional or failing mark from the First Semester of First Year until the First Semester of Second Year in college, including in the midyear term, if enrolled.
3. Must be natural-born Filipino citizen.
4. Must be of good moral character and in good health.
5. May have taken the DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination before but did not pass or have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail the scholarship award.
Apply For — BARMM SCHOLARSHIP 2022
|CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY||MERIT||RA 7687||RA 10612|
|1. Natural-born Filipino citizen||✓||✓||✓|
|2. Poor, talented and deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators||✗||✓||✗|
|3. REGULAR Third Year college student in an identified priority S&T course at an identified university for SY 2021-2022||✓||✓||✓|
|4. Must have a general weighted average of at least 83% or its equivalent and with no conditional or failing mark in the first two years in college including in the midyear terms, if enrolled||✓||✓||✓|
|5. Resident of the municipality as attested by the barangay for four (4) years or longer||✗||✓||✗|
|6. Of good moral character and in good health||✓||✓||✓|
|7. Have not taken any DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination; or may have taken the DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination before but did not pass; or have qualified for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail the scholarship award.||✓||✓||✓|
Valid Email Address
You will need a valid email address for logging in to your application account and for receiving notifications about your application status and results. Please check and double check that you enter the correct email address.
- Please make sure that the email address you intend to register in order to file your application has not been compromised in a data breach. Click here to verify.
- To ensure security of your data, you are encouraged to use secured e-mail accounts preferably one that has two-step verification.
- You will be advised on the status of your application and other announcements relative to your application through the email account that you use during registration.
Working Mobile Number/s
Please provide a working mobile number by which you can be contacted should there be a need to, relative to your application.
Security of Access Credentials
You will be assigned an Application ID. This, with pertinent personal data, shall serve as your access credential to the JLSS E-Application System. Please keep your access credentials secure.
No to Multiple Accounts!
Do not create multiple accounts. These will cause delay in accessing your application forms.
Stable Internet Connection
When you are ready with all the information you need to fill out your E-Application and the documents that needed to be uploaded, make sure you have a stable internet connection.
DOCUMENTS TO PREPARE PRIOR TO FILING YOUR JLSS E-APPLICATION
DOWNLOAD SCHOLARSHIP FORMS C-I HERE
FILES TO DOWNLOAD
- Form C – Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Form D – Certification of Good Health
- Form E – Certification of Program of Study and Year Level
- Form F – Certificate of Residency
- Form G1/G2 – Commitment to Return of Service
- Form H – Applicant’s Certification
- Form I – Signed Declaration of Applicant and the Parent/Legal Guardian
|1||Certificate of Good Moral Character||C||1. Print each form in a size A4 bond paper.|
2. Have these forms accomplished by the proper authorities/ officials/ persons as indicated in each form.
3. Make sure that each form is signed.
4. Scan or take picture of each accomplished form and save file.
5. Name each file: (Surname-Form __) when saving it.
6. Submit each form using the Upload Module in the E-Application System. Use the appropriate upload field for each file.
|2||Certificate of Good Health||D|
|3||Certificate of Program of Study and Year Level||E|
|4||Certificate of Residency||F|
|5||Commitment to Return Service||Merit/ RA 7687||G1|
|6||Applicant’s Certification Re- Not a DOST Scholar prior to this application||H|
|8||Official Transcript of Records (TOR) or True Copy of Grades (TCG) or Grade Report downloaded from the portal for First Semester of First Year until the First Semester of Second Year in college, including in the midyear terms, if enrolled.||Must be duly signed by the University Registrar/Dean of College|
|9||Recent picture, passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)||1. Must show face of the Applicant, 80% of the picture|
2. Must be colored, with white background
3. With the name tag position
at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin): Full name, handwritten- First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any (e.g. JUAN C. DELA CRUZ, JR.), and signature over printed name
4. Taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application
|10||Birth Certificate||Readable copy. May be issued by the PSA, NSO or the Municipal Registry Office|
|11||Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2021 Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Certificate of Indigency / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Proof of Pension||Clear, signed copy. Annual Gross Income must be clearly indicated in the document. The particular document depends on the parent’s class of worker.|
|12||Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship||Must be submitted if the applicant is not living together with either of the parents|
Class of Worker and Corresponding Proof of Income
Class of Worker and Corresponding Proof of Income
When filling out the required information, please make sure that the names and the words are spelled correctly.
Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
|STEP 1||Register. Use a valid e-mail address. An email will be sent to you for verification.|
|STEP 2||Answer the questions in the Eligibility Module that can be accessed to the link provided in the email sent to you.|
If you are not eligible to apply for the JLSS, you will receive a Notice of Disqualification in your email.
|STEP 3||If you are eligible to apply for the JLSS, you can proceed to the next modules: Personal Data Contact Information Family Data Financial Contribution Household Information Questionnaire School, Course, and Grades Upload Documents. The system accepts .jpeg, .png, .bmp, and .pdf file types only The system accepts multiple files up to 5MB per upload.|
Ex. You took a photo of each of the 3 pages of your Transcript of Records. As a result, you need to upload 3 different files for the same requirement. To upload it, you need to click the Upload File button and select all the files to be submitted. After selecting the files, a preview is also available for you to see if you have selected the correct and complete files. Once you are sure that you have selected the correct and complete files, you may now click the Upload button. You may press the Preview button to check the files you submitted after uploading it. If in the event that you have uploaded an incorrect file or incomplete files, you need to repeat the uploading process and upload the correct and complete files to overwrite the previously uploaded document/s.
|STEP 4||Make sure that you have accomplished all the modules completely with true information and correct spellings and uploaded all the required documents before you press the SUBMIT button. You can no longer make any change in the information you provided in your application once submitted.|
ISSUANCE OF TEST PERMIT
The pen and paper examination is scheduled on August 27-28, 2022. The qualified Applicant will be issued a Test Permit where his/her test center and test session and other pertinent information relative to the examination will be indicated. This will be sent to the Applicant’s registered email address sometime on August 17-19, 2022.
ADMISSION OF EXAMINEES ON EXAMINATION DAY
To be admitted to the testing center, the Examinee must present his/her vaccination card or negative antigen test result, administered within 48 hours before the scheduled examination.
If and when the COVID 19 alert level will be heightened at around the time of the examination per advisory from Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, the conduct of the pen and paper examination may be cancelled. In this event, proper communication will be sent to the Applicant’s registered email address.
HOW TO APPLY?
Image to Reffer On how to Enter into Application Portal ?
Apply form the Scholarship Portal given Below
|Start of Online Application Period: 9 June, 2022|
Last Day of Online Application and uploading of Requirements: 31 July, 2022
Schedule of Qualifying Examination: August 27-28, 2022
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP QUALIFIERS
Check the SEI website: https://sei.dost.gov.ph for the announcements of the scholarship qualifiers tentatively on November 6, 2022. If you qualify for the scholarship, you will be sent the Notice of Award through your registered email address.
FOR FURTHER INQUIRIES
Telephone Numbers : (02)8830 8876; (02) 8330 8826
Mobile Numbers : 09278868816; 09215260814
Note: Always refer to the official Website before Applying For your Scholarship.
Source : jlss.science