In accordance with the pertinent provisions of Republic Act (RA) No. 7722, otherwise known as the “Higher Education Act of 1994” and Republic Act (RA) No. 11509, otherwise known as the “Doktor Para Sa Bayan” Act,
Note: Read this Post to the end carefully to get to know about The Application Process, Eligibility, Scholarship Program Requirements and Application Form.
the Commission on Higher Edukasyon (CHED) through the Office of Student Development and Services (OSDS), is now accepting applicants for the CHED Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) Program for Doctor of Medicine program for SY 2022-2023.
All state universities and colleges (SUCs) and partner private higher education institutions (PHEIs) offering medical programs are hereby directed to comply with the implementing Rules and Regulation (IRR) of RA No. 11509 in the implementation of the MSRS program.
Also Read : SECURITY BANK Scholarship
The MSRS program shall be accessible to qualified and deserving Filipino students who are willing to undertake the mandatory return service, preferably but not limited to those who are residing in municipality without government physicians, Geographically Isolated and Disadvantaged Areas (GIDA) or from the top twenty (20%) provinces and/or municipalities as identified by the PSA, calamity-prone and conflict areas, low-income class municipalities with poverty incidence; belonging to the ethnic group or indigenous population/communities as certified by respective local government units and the National Commission on Indigenous People (NCIP), dependents of community health volunteers, and those whose combined annual family income of less than Php450,000.00.
Table of Contents
- 1 A. Qualification Requirements of the Applicants
- 2 B. Documentary Requirements
- 3 B. Application and Selection Process
- 4 C. Slot Allocation per Region
- 5 D. Financial Assistance
- 6 Enrollment to the following:
- 7 Online Scholarship Application Procedure
- 8 Timetable for the Scholarship Program for the S.Y. 2022-2023
A. Qualification Requirements of the Applicants
- Filipino citizen residing in the Philippines;
- Graduating student or a graduate of an appropriate undergraduate program identified as a prerequisite for a Doctor of Medicine degree currently enrolled in Doctor Medicine degree, from any HIEs duly recognized by the CHED, including a direct entrant to the integrated liberal arts and medicine (INTRAMED) program who satisfactorily completes the first two (2) years of the program: provided, that deserving incoming second year medical students and those in the higher year levels of the Doctor of Medicine program shall also be covered, as long as they have complied with the academic requirements and retention policies of the school in the past terms preceding their scholarship application;
- Passed the entrance examinations and complied with other related requirements for admission into a Doctor of Medicine degree in any of the following SUCs/HEIs where the scholar intends to enroll or currently enrolled as well as the other requirements of the CHED and the DOH;
- Obtained a National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) score mandated by the CHED and required by the SUC/HEI where the student intends to enroll in;
- Combined annual gross income of parent/s or guardians which does not exceed Php450,000.00; and
- Willing to sign the Scholarship Contract for the MSRS program, as provided under IRR of RA 11509.
B. Documentary Requirements
The minimum documentary requirements required at the time of application to the program are as follows:
- Proof of Filipino citizenship such as any government-issued document showing proof of Filipino citizenship, including, but not limited to certified true copy of Birth Certificate issued by the Local Civil Registry or Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Philsys ID;
- Certificate of Moral Character
- Additional requirements for priority groups (as applicable):Certification of Residency issued by the barangay;
- Certification as members of indigenous people or minority group / National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP) certificate;
- Certification issued by the DOH-Bureau of Local Health Systems and Development that the applicant is a dependent of community health volunteer; and
- Certification from Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (LDRRMO) or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) that the applicant is from a calamity-prone and conflict areas.
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian not to exceed four hundred fifty thousand pesos (Php450,000.00). In the case of identified priority groups, Tax Exemption or Tax Declaration from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) / Social Case Study duly signed by a registered Social Worker where the applicant resides;
- Certification of Acceptance from SUC/PHEI; and
- Affidavit of no existing scholarship grant or with Return Service Obligation.
Read : LANDBANK SCHOLARSHIP
B. Application and Selection Process
The CHED/CHED Regional Office (CHEDRO) and SUC/PHEI, in coordination with other stakeholders, shall advocate and disseminate information on the program, its application and selection process and general provisions.
- Interested applicants shall comply with the qualification requirements stated in Sections A and B of these guidelines and shall submit application through the SUC/PHEI.
Applicants shall undergo screening and selection process as defined by the SUC/PHEI for admission to the medical program/course using the Evaluation Sheet provided in Annex A.
- The SUC/PHEI shall endorse the list of scholarship applicants to CHEDRO for evaluation and validation together with the following:
- Results of the preliminary evaluation conducted (Annex A);
- Application with complete supporting documents; and
- Scholar’s Commitment to Render Service Obligation (Annex B).
- CHEDRO shall validate the results from the SUC/PHEI and priority shall be given to deserving applicants as provided in Section 3 of the IRR, as follows:
- Those residing in a municipality without government physicians;
- Those residing in GIDA or from the top 20 poorest provinces and/or municipalities as identified by the PSA, calamity-prone and conflict areas;
- Those belonging to the ethnic group or indigenous population/communities as certified by respective Local Government Units and the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP).
- Those dependents of community health volunteers;
- Those residing in low income class municipalities with high poverty incidence; and
- Those whose combined annual gross family income of less than Php450,000.00.
- CHEDRO shall endorse the list of approved/accepted scholars to concerned SUC/PHEI;
- The SUC/PHEI shall:
- Notify the applicants on the status of their application. All accepted scholars shall be enrolled accordingly;
- Inform the scholar, through the SUC/PHEI, to submit accomplished Scholarship Contract for Doctor of Medicine (Annex C) to CHEDRO; and
- Submit the list of enrolled scholars to CHEDRO together with a copy of the notarized Scholarship Contract for documentation.
- CHEDRO shall:
- Keep record of the notarized Scholarship Contract (Annex C); and
- Submit to CHED – Office of Student Development and Services (OSDS) the list of enrolled scholars as basis for the release of allotment and fund transfer to concerned CHEDRO.
Apply for : TEACHSTEM SCHOLARSHIP
C. Slot Allocation per Region
Slots are distributed per region and computed based on population projection vis-avis the health worker population to ratio per region as provided by the Department of Health (DOH) and topography and geographical difficulty. Unutilized slots per region can be redistributed based on the needs of the other regions.
D. Financial Assistance
The student financial assistance for the MSRS Program shall include the following as stipulated in Section 6 of the IRR: Free tuition and other school fees identified in Section 3(d) in the IRR, Allowance for prescribed books, supplies and equipment, clothing or uniform allowance, transportation allowance, internship fees including financial assistance during mandatory internship, medical board review fees, licensure fees, annual medical insurance, PHIC enrolment and accident insurance, and other education-related miscellaneous subsistence or living allowance.
- For scholars in SUCs, actual tuition fee subsidy and other school fees listed in Section 3(d) of the IRR, and other school-related fees which shall be paid directly to the SUC by concerned CHEDRO.
For scholars enrolled in PHEIs, actual tuition fee subsidy and other fees listed in Section 3(d) which shall be limited to 105,000.00 per academic year OR 75% of the actual tuition and other school fees listed in Section 3(d) of the IRR, if more than Php140,000, whichever is lower.
- Subsidy and allowances which shall be given to the scholars through the SUC/PHEI by concerned CHEDRO, as follows:
3.Internship Program/5th year Medicine to be given to the scholars through the SUC/PHEI by concerned CHEDRO, as follows:
Enrollment to the following:
- National Health Insurance Program in the amount prescribed by the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PHIC) to be paid directly to PHIC quarterly by concerned CHEDCO/RO; and
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) Accident Insurance to be paid directly to GSIS annually by concerned CHEDCO/RO.
Note: Always refer to the official Website before Applying For your Scholarship.
Online Scholarship Application Procedure
- Download and fill out the Scholarship Application Form
- Scan / take a picture then submit requirements to the Lasallian Admission and Scholarship Opportunities thru email:
- EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]
Scholarship Application for the SY 2022-2023
Timetable for the Scholarship Program for the S.Y. 2022-2023
|Medicine (Incoming Freshmen – 4th Year)||Graduate Studies||Senior High School Grades 11 & 12|
|1st Term – August 01-19, 20222nd Term – December 05, 2022- January 20, 2023||1st Term – August 01-19, 20222nd Term – December 07-11 20223rd Term – April 10-14, 2023||July 01-22, 2022For CHED-DLSMHSI MSRS Program applicants:July 01 – August 19, 2022||1st Term – August 01-19, 20222nd Term – December 05, 2022- January 20, 2023||August 01-19, 2022|
|Evaluation Period||1st Term – August 22 – September 16, 20222nd Term – January 23- February 28, 2023||1st Term – August 22 – September 16, 20222nd Term – December 14-25, 2022|
3rd Term – May 02, 2023
|August 01-26, 2022||1st Term – August 22 – September 16, 20222nd Term – January 23- February 28, 2023||August 22 – September 16, 2022|
|Submission of recommended scholars from the Colleges/Departments to LASO||1st Term – September 16, 20222nd Term – March 01, 2023||1st Term – September 16, 20222nd Term – December 02, 20223rd Term – May 02, 2023||September 02, 2022||1st Term – September 16, 20222nd Term – March 01, 2023||September 16, 2022|
|Release of approved scholars by LASO||1st Term – October 03, 20222nd Term – March 10, 2023||1st Term – October 01, 20212nd Term – December 01, 20223rd Term – May 05, 2023||September 16, 2022||1st Term – October 03, 20222nd Term – March 10, 2023||October 03, 2022|
- SECURITY BANK FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP OPEN NOW TO APPLY
- FISHERIES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM OPEN NOW TO APPLY
- DOST JLSS SCHOLARSHIP
- GOKONGWEI GROUP SCHOLARSHIP
- TEACHSTEM SCHOLARSHIP ONLINE APPLICATION